Monday, October 27, 2008

18 months

My little girl is 18 months. And yesterday was her first official day in nursery. Yeah for Mommy! I just had to get a picture of her first day! (she put the necklace on herself and it never seems to amaze me how she always picks the one that matches her outfit! Watch out fashion world)

She did so well on her first day. Her best friend, Ella is in nursery too. I literaly walked her in and she took off, so I just walked out the door. When I went to picked her up, I couldn't get her to leave. I even took her to the Bishop's office to get some gummie bears which she devoured in less than 10 seconds.


When Lexi was 15 months I made a list of all the words that she could say. So at 18 months I added to the list and I am so amazed to see that she has more than doubled her list. Everyday she seems to get a new word. These are some of her new ones that are my favorites: bubble, pumpkin, purple, grandma, grandpa, and Jesus.

Now this picture does not do it justice. First of all, I have to say that we go to church from 2:30-5:30, which means no nap til after church. We have to wake her up after about an hour so she can eat dinner and go to bed at a decent time. Needless to say she is not a one hour nap girl. So to make her happier we usually let her watch her favorite show, Pooh Bear, and I usually have to hold her til she is more awake. So I was cuddling with her and I put my head on her shoulder and she wrapped her little arms around my neck and held me. I thought my head would be too heavy for her but she held me for a long time. This little girl made me feel so loved. I hope that she will continue to share this love for the rest of her life.


3 comments:

Kris said...

18 months already? I can't believe it. How crazy. How fun for her to join the Nursery club. I'm glad she had a great time. It helps having Betsy and Ella in there too. That's great.

Emily said...

Allie has that same dress! Its so cute. I am glad that she likes nursey... Chloe loves it too, its the only way we can get her to sit through sacrament meeting. Enjoy it!

Tara said...

Oh how cute Julie! I cant believe she gets to go to nursery already! I love that she is a little fashonista!