My sweet Lexi Lou is now officially in school! I cannot believe that we are already to this point in our lives and life is forever changed. Lexi was so excited to start school and didn't really show that she was nervous at all.
I worked out some car pooling with my neighbor whose daughter is in Lexi's class also, but while the weather is still nice I decided I will walk with them to school which is about a mile. Lexi was so excited to finally be a part of the big girl group.
The future school girl friends
She is now a mustang.
Lexi has about 4 kids in her class that she already knows so that I think helped her feel more comfortable. They only reason she cried was #1 she didn't want to take anymore pictures, but I was trying to get one in front of her classroom. #2 When I picked her up she was upset that I didn't have her bike to ride home. I told her that I wasn't going to walk that far two times in 90 degree weather. I knew she was hungry and tired also.
She made it through her first week and is loving it. I am still adjusting to her being a big girl now, between learning to ride her bike without training wheels, playing soccer and going to school. It is so wonderful to see the young girl she is becoming. I love you Lexi Mae!
Oh yeah and on her 2nd day I dropped her off she asked, "can you go away now mom?" Um...isn't that not suppose to happen until the are teens????? I cannot tell a lie, but that hurt just a little bit. But I am comforted to know that she feels safe at school and feels secure enough to know that I will be back to get her soon. So here is to the 2012-2013 school year!
1 comment:
Cute picture of Lexi.
I guess we haven't talked in a while because that is a crazy story from when you went to spokane, glad you left even if nothing did happen.
Post a Comment