So on Friday before my birthday Johnny told me that we were going on a surprise date and my good friend Betsy was going to watch Lexi for us. I had no idea but I was still trying to get some clues out of him like "should I make dinner?" "Is what I am wearing going to be warm enough?" but he did not give anything away...if anything he made me more confused because he is not that good at lying on the spot. So we take Lexi to Betsy's house and Johnny made me take her in. I was like...this is my birthday...you arranged it and you are not coming to the door with me? Whatever. So I took her in and then some of my good friends all surprised me! They took me out to Red Robin to eat and back to Betsy's house for some to die for homemade chocolate cake. It was fun to have to so many friends think about me! Thanks girls!

So this picture stinks of me but that is life! (left to right) Tallia, Betsy, Kim, TyLeen, Tana, Me and Tara! I love these girls! It was a great night!
On Sat night my in-laws took me out to a seafood restaurant and back to our house for a ice cream cake! Yum! And on my actual birthday I enjoyed church without Lexi and had a great dinner at my in-laws house.
On Monday night we drove to Seattle because Johnny had a seminar for work so Lexi and I tagged along. So during the day Lexi and I went shopping with my friend Erin and then we would met up with Johnny for the rest of the night! Fun times! I ate some good food, got some good deals and I actually didn't spend too much. My favorite place was Ikea. For those who have never heard of them, they are a furniture store that has awesome prices. I could of spent all day in there. It is so big that they have maps for you! I found a great piece for our entryway that we have been looking for a long time. I will post a picture later when I get it decorated like I want.
So if your heard Lexi's fake laugh, you can now see her fake smile. We were eat at the Cheesecake factory and she kept giving this smile to the waitress! I can't tell if that is my fake smile or Johnny's.
This was at a mall and there was a cafe that had this awesome entryway that was a fish tank. They also had an alligater that you could throw change into his mouth. Lexi did not like that one!
If you are ever on the pier in Seattle and like seafood, I recommend the Crab Pot. It is YUMMY! Lexi liked playing with Daddy's hammer!
This was the sailor outside catching some crab!
We also enjoyed an evening at the zoo. Lexi enjoyed looking at the different animals. She always gets so excited about the birds and cats. I think out of all the animals she liked the dumb crows that were flying around.
I was a little worried that she would be afraid of the big animals but she wasn't at all.
This one was my favorite because she stood right at the glass and said kitty kitty while motioning the cat to come to her. She loves all dogs and cats and wants to always pet them!
We had a great time and I definitely had a great birthday week! Thanks to all that made it so great!
5 comments:
Happy Late Birthday, Julie!
Seriously, Lexi's hair just kills me, its so awesome.
Looks like you guys had fun in Seattle. The last picture of Lexi is really cute.
Happy Birthday!! it looks like you had a way fun day! i love the pic of lexi at the cheesecake factory, she is so cute!
Isn't funny that half of your good friends are friends that I had in high school? I find that ironic. Happy late birthday Julie. And you are right about IKEA, it is fabulous. It is from Sweden, hence the blue and yellow and is like the wal-mart of scandinavia. I love that store and go there whenever I can. Almost everything I own is from IKEA. Love it!
Glad you had a great birthday. Looks like you had a great time with friends, family, and going to Seattle. How fun. I wish I hadn't been so sick. Love me some Red Robin! :)
Post a Comment