When we were at the craft store, Lexi expressed the desire to make a blanket. So we checked it out and scored some clearance fabric and the girls and I made some tie blankets.
I made a few things that weekend and Danielle is modeling her new skirt I made. I think it is pretty cute on her.
Random picture that I found of Danielle's back after her Lake Tahoe burn peeled away. That Tahoe sun sure does a number on you.
Lexi at her new school.
She was so sweet and was walking Danielle over to go play too. Danielle was sad while Lexi was at school and asks all day long when it is time to pick her up.
I stayed and watched their color guard raise the flag. It was neat. They has some kids from the high school band play and we got to watch with the whole school while they presented the flag.
I know I already posted this picture but I just love this girl. She earned geek of the week at school this week. She got to wear a lab coat and have special privileges and duties. Her teacher called me out of the blue last week just to tell me how much she loved Lexi in her class and how much she appreciated her staying on task and listening. I was so pleased that her teacher went above and beyond to let me know how she is doing. Sometimes I think the good kids get overlooked so it was awesome she does notice her. Miss Lexi have become a big necklace maker with the loom bands and she makes ones for me and her friends all the time. She is a sweet girl and is kind to think of others. She also scored 5 goals today in her first soccer game of the year. Watch out for this one!
I painted my door black. I had it yellow and liked it but apparently so did everyone else in the neighborhood because I have counts about 7 on my block. I decided it was hard to decorate with yellow so went to black. I really like it!
Miss Danielle finally got to start school this week. She didn't even cry! I was so surprised. Part of it may have been I didn't really warn her that she had school and when I dropped her off I couldn't stay because I had to take Lexi to school and couldn't be late. So I kinda walked her to the door and gently pushed her through the door and left. She loved it and wanted to go back. I am so proud of her and I am glad I was able to get her in this new preschool because I think it will be a better fit for her. We are also carpooling with a girl in her church class so that has been fun seeing her becoming not so shy. Her excuse for most things now a days is "I am shy." Hopefully this is the beginning of not being so shy. She also has the awkward smile face. Danielle also had her first soccer game today and she did really well. She plays with boys and she has some really good ones on her team, but she still got in there and kicked the ball when she could.
Here is to 2014-2015 school year. Our days go by so fast I can hardly breathe sometimes. We have soccer for both girls, piano for Lexi, I have scouts once a week, plus homework, plus chores, plus grocery shopping etc. Before I know it, it's bedtime. If I am not careful, my lil monkeys are going to be going of to college. :(













No comments:
Post a Comment