Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Lexi's 7!!!

I don't know about anyone else but I have been feeling like there are way too many toys at our house lately so I came up with an amazing plan for the birthday girl this year.  Instead of us buying her gifts, Johnny and I would just take her to do something fun for a couple of hours. So Lexi and I got our nails done and then we had lunch at Wing Stop of course.  It was so fun to see my not so little girl get all pampered. She was so funny because she had this look of "I want to smile but I am being shy." Also my favorite thing was she saw a little Buddha shrine thing and said this place was like from the country Mulan is from.  And then later I was laughing inside watching her face as she was trying to figure out what the ladies were saying, but it sure wasn't English.  I too benefitted from our special day but it meant more to me then just getting our toes done.  It was taking the time to show our daughter how very special she is to us.  It was a fun day and we will have for sure do this again.



And of course we had a friend party.  For my own sanity this year we made it simple simple simple. We had pizza, dancing on the wii, twister, presents, movie, cake, and treats.






I love this girl so so so very much! While they were watching the movie she came and snuggled a little with me.  Now that NEVER happens let alone when she has friends over.  Lexi you are one amazing 7 yr old and we are so lucky to have you in our family.

Things Lexi is up to lately:

  • She is in first grade and it rocking it in reading.  In march her teacher told me that she is already on a 2nd grade reading level and that is as high as she can test at right now. She is bringing home chapter books and yesterday she scored 100% on her reading test. 
  • She loves playing soccer of course
  • She loves to sing and dance but I am not aloud to watch
  • Danielle and her love to play fashion show with all their stuffed animals, and they like to doll them up with hair clips and accessories
  • She is excited to be able to ride her bike to school next year
  • She loves to go swimming and rock climbing
  • She is a great helper with making Samantha smile when I need to do something for a few minutes or when I am trying to take her pictures.
  • Lexi has really come out of her shell this year.  She talks to new people easier, she even teases her friend's dads.  I love that her confidence continues to bloom all the time.
  • She loves the color turquoise 
  • she is getting a little better about her clothes.  Still refuses to wear jeans or any pants that even resemble jeans in any way
  • Wanted to get high heals for her Easter dress, so we got some wedges.
  • Johnny and I can't ever win playing memory with her.  

No comments: