Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My little girl is in preschool!

Yesterday was Lexi's first day of preschool. She is showing off her new outfit and shoes.A few months ago when I will telling her that she gets to go to school so was NOT happy. Then the last few weeks she has been super excited right up til we got there of course. We had a meet and greet thing with her teacher and Lexi was fine but did not want to go back. I think the only way I was able to convince her was that her best friend Ella was going to be there. She cried then I told her to give me a hug because I had to leave. She did and walked away. When I picked her up she seemed fine but she is not that excited to go back. I know she just needs some time but eventually I think she will love it and be one of those kids that won't be quiet. Just like her parents. :)

And of course Danielle insisted on bringing her backpack too.
*Now I must confess a little something. I thought I would be that mother that jumped up and down with joy that her child was away at school, but I have to admit I got a little teary eyed while driving home. But it was still nice to have a few hours of peace and quiet.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Love her red shoes. I knew you would be a bit teary eyed. I have to admit that last year when I dropped Ella off for the first time that I did the same.