Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happenings in our neck of the woods

Us here in the Trevino household have just been enjoying life lately. Not much new going on for us. We are getting more settled in our house and almost put together. We got our new furniture last week so now I can finally hang up pictures.

Johnny has started soccer again and his team is doing well. It has only been a couple of weeks but we are really missing him already. On the days that he has a little time at home he is busy hanging curtain rods, pictures, mirrors or moving big things.

The girls and I are enjoying the sunshine the last few days. If the wind will stop, we may actually go to the park sometime soon.

It has been a little while since I wrote about my little ones so here is a little update for you all

Danielle:

  • She is becoming a good little helper. She will throw things away for me, and even when she is done with her fruit snacks, she will throw her wrapper away without me having to ask.
  • Speaking of fruit snacks....this girl is obsessed! I can't go anywhere without some fruit snacks in my purse, or I am in BIG trouble. If she sees my purse in the house she will instantly grab it and start her search for fruit snacks. She must think it is a magic bag of limitless fruit snacks.
  • She has some crazy facial expressions that crack me up.

  • She has a new cheesy smile. (picture to come on a future post) She does it sometimes when she is in trouble, but she thinks its funny and will flash me a smile. It is so hard to hold a straight face sometimes.
  • She has been teething this week. :(
  • She loves to brush her teeth and is good about letting me do her hair.
  • My favorite new word is Minnie. Also night, night is pretty cute too.

Here are some fun pictures of both girls. Danielle found some of Daddy's safety glasses in a box and thought that she was some hot stuff.

Something we she commonly at our house.
Lexi wanted in on the fun too
Something also commonly seen at our house :)
Lexi:
  • She got accepted to preschool next year. I am probably more excited than she is about this one.
  • Love to trace her hands and feet on paper
  • Wants me to make her things. The other day she asked if I would make her a new apron because hers ripped. (melt my heart) Of course I made one for her. (No pic yet but soon)
  • Is super quiet in the mornings. This morning for example, she went downstairs and got a new box of cereal down, which she has to climb up to reach. Then she decides to come back up to my craft room and get my brand new sewing scissors to open it. She managed to cut about 7 slits down the bag in various locations. I am still not sure if she cut her hair too, but if she did it is not too noticeable, but one side does look a little newly cut.
  • She went to the dentist yesterday and did pretty well. No cavities! She let then polish her teeth but won't let them rinse or suck out the water. Gross huh?
  • She likes me to take her pictures more which I love! Here is one that I thought turned out cute, despite the sun blazing in behind us.

  • I started a reward system with her. I was at my wits end with her attitude lately and the car situation going on 2 years, so finally I figured something out that works. Some of her friends have the Tangled doll, and I thought it would be something she would really want. So I told her whenever she is good in the car or will help mommy pick up the toys I will give her some money. She didn't really care if it is a dollar or a penny she was just happy to get some. But when she is naughty or is talking back to me, all I need to do is take some money our of her piggy bank. We counted her money and finally she had enough to go get her Tangled doll. I thought she would want the bigger Barbie doll size but she insisted on having the small one. Good choice I must say because she had some money leftover for a future purchase. I let her pay the cashier and she was so thrilled. I was thrilled too because this means she has been much much much better lately.
  • Now she is saving up for some Little Pet Shops or as she calls them, "ketups"

Me: I have just been enjoying not having a calling for awhile. I have started meeting people in my new ward and it is starting to feel more like our ward now. I have been a crafting machine and I have so many more things I am dying to make.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Lexi!!! That's awesome that she made her goal! We are currently putting marshmallows in a jar for the sleeping issues...wish me luck. Anywho...your house is fab, your craftiness is fab, and you my FRIEND are fabulous! Love ya!! :D

Betsy said...

Love the glasses. The picture of you and Lexi is very sweet.

Sarah said...

Your girls are just adorable. Good job keeping track of all of these cute and fun things they are doing.