Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Feb and March Happenings

I told myself I would do at least a monthly post and look at me I didn't make it past one month.  Oh well, such is life! So here is a little update about why we have been too busy (lazy) to post.
 
Lexi

We did the idea of taping words to some bowls of candy and each time a general conference speaker said that word they can grab a candy.  Lexi was way into it. She sat like this the whole time staring at the candy and listening.  Johnny and I got hushed a few times from her.  She made it through 2 1/2 talks before her bowl was full and she ran off to play.  Danielle just followed Lexi and ate her bowl in minutes.
My little soccer player.  She had an awesome game a few weeks ago and she scored 6 or more goals, (I lost count) and even knocked another girl down, who was a lot bigger then her.  I laughed so hard and was oh so proud.  I know Johnny didn't show it but I am confident to say that he was beaming inside also. She is loving soccer and it has been a great confidence booster for her.
She got her early b-day present because I wanted to go outside and use my new bike too.  She is loving it. 
Lexi lost her first tooth.  It was wiggly for months.  One morning I heard, "it's gone"  I asked her where it is.  She wasn't sure.  She was playing the wii and it just fell out.  I was worried she swallowed it but I was able to find it in the carpet.  I asked her what she thought the tooth fairy would bring her. She said "three monies and some candy" 

She is still doing great in school.  Her teacher said she had improved in many ways, but the most in her confidence.  She will talk in front of the class and actually wants to be involved. This is a funny she brought home.  It says "I have a dream to my mom told me clean up my room. I want to always keep my room clean"  I have the same dream, but I quickly learned not all dreams can come true.
 She still has the most interesting taste in her clothes but I am just glad she is dressed. :)

She also gave her first talk in primary.  She did great but no one could hear her.  I couldn't get her to talk louder but I was just proud she did it.

Danielle
This girl drives me crazy one minute but then has me laughing the next.  I have a feeling this little lady was sent to me to learn a lot of lessons.
 Seriously 20 seconds in the car she found a marker and put on her "lips" Luckily it was washable.
 She loves going to the gymnastics. She loves the trampoline and the foam pit.
While Lexi was doing ice skating lessons, Danielle and I tried it out.  She did awesome the 2nd time.  She could actually do it herself and the pic below shows her dancing to the music.
Keeping warm at the early soccer games.  I just love this picture, she looks like a California snow bunny.
She loves having her friends over. She was waiting so patiently one day for her friend Eva to come play.
 She wants to be big like sister.  She packed her lunch one day. Healthy right?
 Best Buds
 Looks like she has to go potty but she is just modeling for me.
Also this lucky lady and I discovered that she might be lactose intolerant.  She was switched to almond milk and her problems went away, and I am too afraid to put her back on milk to she if it is true or not.

Julie

Instead of spring cleaning I decided to paint some rooms instead.  This one is in Danielle's room.  I will have to take some better pictures later when her whole room is put back together. A lot of people have asked and yes I painted it all by hand. I took about four hours for the tree but I kinda love it.
I painted the accent wall behind my bed.  It is a very big room with vaulted ceilings so I opted to just paint one wall.  Now my next thing it to make a headboard and something to hang above it.
I did an Easter craft with a friend.  I also have been busy making baby showers gifts galore. I went to 3 in one week.
 Did a little fun shopping at the craft store!
I had fun making some tasty cupcakes for a ward event.  They were so yummy and I must say they were pretty looking too.
I have been loving reading these murder series.  I am on the forth book and they have these really yummy recipes, so I finally tried one.  It was so yummy.


 
Johnny
Well his life mostly consists of waking up, going to work, coming home for dinner and a little playtime with us, then to soccer practice then home and straight to bed.  We are halfway through now and I think both of us are happy about it.  His team has been awful and there has been a lot of trouble with the boys and injuries.  It has been rough on him. 
 
Anyways so one night he comes home and shows me his arms.  You can't see it in the picture too well but both arms are burned off.  He and his assistant coach were coaxed into racing each other by the boys, and of course my husband being the competitive type, had to do a photo finish move which ended badly.  Not only were his arms ripped up but so was his chest and knee, but luckily not as bad as his arms. He said it felt like daggers into his arms for over a week. He even said it hurt more then his knee surgery.  Poor guy....a harsh reminder that he is not as young as he used to be.

 



 


1 comment:

Betsy said...

Love all the pictures.