So they changed our wards tonight. I have to be honest with myself because I just moved out of my house and I was already planning on being in another ward. Then tonight when they moved everything around, (I will not lie, I had some high hopes of still being in 1st ward) I am having lots of mixed emotions.
I am super excited because I will have a lot of friends I already in my new ward. Plus there are a few I have met that I am excited to get to know better. Plus some woman I served with at girls camp a few summers ago will be in my new ward.
But on the flip side, I am so sad to leave my ward family in 1st ward. I have been there almost 5 years and made so many awesome friends. I have been taught by some amazing men and women that I will always admire and hope to be like when I grow up. I have gotten to know almost everyone, except anyone that moved within the last year, I just couldn't keep up anymore. I will be sad not to see them every week and get the warm smiles and words of encouragement in my new calling.
Speaking of my calling....Today was my last day in Primary and I was so sad. I told the older kids that I was moving and some of them actually were sad I was leaving. (I am sure there were tons who can care less) But it is bitter sweet because I almost had all of their names down, yes all 165 of them, and I loved all of them in their own way. I was finally feeling confident in what I was doing and was not feeling so overwhelmed. I looked forward to seeing the kids and hearing the things that they would tell me. I will miss when their faces would light up when I told them I has a secret or a treat for them. I will miss the hugs and the sweet thank-yous they give.
I have been blessed to work with the kids and I was pushed to a new level in my life. I overcame one of my greatest fears...sharing time. Oh, sharing time, Oh how I wanted to run and hide from you, but I didn't and I am glad to say that we are now friends. (I wouldn't say best friends forever by any means, but friends) I also learned how to better manage my time so I wasn't completely ignoring my duties as a mother and wife. I have loved serving in primary, and I am sad it was so short, but I am pretty sure I will be back to visit you someday!
So the moral of the day, Change IS good and I am excited to see what the future holds for the Trevino family!
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I might be in the minority, but I think change IS good. Although in this case we are very sad that you guys will be in another ward (even though it's only a few blocks away). Ha! I know how you feel about sharing time. It's definitely something I had a love/hate relationship with, but looking back I can remember lots of fun times. Sorry we were not any help when you guys moved your stuff the other weekend, but we'll try and make it up to you when you move into your new house. Let us know!
I'm sad to see you guys be in another ward. I was really hoping they would keep that section in 2nd ward so I would know people. But alas they didn't. You'll have some good people in your ward.
I've been wanting to tell you every week what an awesome job you do at sharing time. You are really good at it. I'll never be able to tell you enough what an incredible comp. serv. ldr. you were. I'll miss you!
We will miss you Jules! You really did an awesome job at sharing time that I would never have known that you felt it was very hard. :) Thanks again for all your hard work - it WAS very stressful for a while, but this Sunday actually went really well! I think everything will be awesome and I hope we will see you now and then!! love ya!
Post a Comment