So today was fast and testimony meeting at church. I always feel bad when I don't share my testimony but sometimes it is just impossible, plus I HATE public speaking. I want to be better about sharing my testimony and I thought this would be a good way for my children to know what my testimony is like at this point in my life, plus I am better at writing my feelings. (Please feel free to not read this but I can't have my testimony grow if I don't share it!)
I have a testimony of the power of prayer. The other day in the middle of the night I was getting very upset that Danielle kept waking up. I am a person who is very grumpy when I don't sleep well and I was feeling myself getting very mad and fast. I quickly said a prayer in my heart and was instantly calmed. I am comforted to know that Heavenly Father can answer my prayers so quickly. I know that he wants to me figure things out on my own too, but he is still be there to help me along the way. My prayers have been answered in many important times in my life and also some not so important things, but he cares about those things too. I am so happy and relieved that He is there for me.
I am also know that Heavenly Father has our prophets on earth, who are here to lead us back to Heavenly Father if we can just listen to their counsel.
Over the last couple of years I have been compassionate service leader in my ward, which means I help my sisters both physically and spiritually. I love this calling so much because I have seen myself grow as a sister in the church, a mother and a wife. I love the women I serve and they are truly are my sisters forever. Service is such an amazing thing and one act of service can change all of eternity. I often give myself a hard time because I didn't call so and so when I thought about it and then it was a week too late. I know I have young children who need my constant care but I just feel like I can do more. I love the theme of our stake this year of becoming a little better. I know that I can do and I am going to be a little bit better everyday, whether that means not doing housework so that I can teach my children something new. I know they and I will both be blessed and I will be provided with the energy to do the housework later.
I know that I am blessed with too many things to list, and even in my more challenging times I know that I still am being blessed by my Heavenly Father. I also have a testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. I am thankful for him and can't wait to meet him someday. When I do I just pray that I am ready.
I love my family and am relieved to know that I can be with them for all of eternity.
I says these thing in the name of Jesus Christ amen.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing. I was sick and missed Fast & Testimony meeting and it is so awesome to build each other up! I love the thought of stopping to teach the kids something new, but being blessed to get some of the "needs" done later! Good reminder for me!!
Post a Comment